Move over Volvo – Ahlgrens Bilar are the biggest selling cars in Sweden! They’re a deliciously chewy, fruity mallow sweet, and also tiny, so you don’t eat too many. Ahem. My daughters had a school bake sale, so I made these Rice Krispie treats using Ahlgrens Bilar. The kids loved them. And so did the grown-ups…
Ahlgrens Bilar crispy treats
- 125g Ahlgrens Bilar, plus an extra 50g for topping
- 120g Rice Krispies
- 100g white chocolate, plus an extra 50g for topping
- 100g butter
- Step 1 Start melting the butter in a saucepan over a low heat, then add the Ahlgrens Bilar. They’ll take a while to melt because they’re tougher than British marshmallows. Add the chocolate as you keep stirring.
- Step 2 As the butter and chocolate melt and the Bilar start to break up into bits, take the pan off the heat, at the Rice Krispies and stir.
- Step 3 Put the mixture into a lined tin around 20x30cm and press down evenly all over. While the mixture is still warm add the remaining Bilar cars to the top so they stick.
- Step 4 When the mixture has cooled completely, melt the remaining 50g of chocolate, leave until it’s finger-warm, then drizzle over the squares.
- Step 5 Wait for the chocolate to harden, then cut into equal-sized squares.